Google AdWords Made Easy
Here’s a very simple step by step guide on how to launch your AdWords campaign. Google AdWords, for those who don’t know, is a very effective way to drive traffic to any website and can help you increase sales, commissions, or simply just traffic exponentially when used correctly. In this guide I’ll walk you through how to set up your campaign and how to research keywords effectively so that you can properly target your marketing efforts.
STARTING A CAMPAIGN
1. Login to AdWords Account
2. Select the campaign you want to add keywords to.
3. Select a new phrase or keyword that you would like to use for this campaign. You want to include that phrase or keyword in your Headline, Description, and Display URL. Here is an example:
Headline: Learn how to use AdWords effectively
Description: Use this step-by-step guide to master Google AdWords
Display URL: Your Website address
4. Now you need to research your keywords.
1. Go to the SEOBOOK keyword generator: http://tools.seobook.com/general/keyword
2. Type in a keyword or phrase that you would like to add to your Ad Words Campaign. This tool will generate a list of keywords for you which you can copy and paste your keywords into an Excel document for easy sorting.
3. Once you have a list of words, right click and select “Copy.”
4. Open Excel and paste the keywords. This will paste all of your keywords into a list. Now sort them in ascending order. Now you can easily identify words that have your keyword in it. Copy just those into your Google Ad Words campaign.
5. Select the group of words that has your exact keyword in it.
6. Now you want to wrap those keywords with exact phrase and word match.
7. Right click and select “Copy.”
8. Go back to your Web browser
9. Go to Mike’s AdWord’s wrapper page – http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/AdWords-wrapper.html
10. Right click in the box and select “Paste.”
11. Now right Click, once again, and select “Copy.”
12. Return to your Google Ad words Campaign.
13. Once you’re back at your Google Ad Words website, right click, and select “Paste” in the Keyword box.
That’s it. Now your campaign is set up to go. All that’s left is determining how much you want to pay for your ad campaign. Remember to set an affordable limit and play around a bit until your profits significantly outweigh the campaign costs. I’d recommend starting with 25 cents per click. One final tip is to remember to set your ad to display in only the countries where it is applicable. This helps target your campaign more effectively. I hope you found this guide useful.
Best of luck
I am a Commerce, Computer and Law graduate. I am running my own IT Company since 1993. I like to Read, explore Hindu Sanskruti, Travelling and Riding/Driving.