How to Increase Your AdSense CPC by Many Folds – Some Ideas
Though AdSense is the king of contextual advertising, loads of AdSense publishers get frustrated with the cost per click (CPC) they get. It’s really a heart-breaker when you see average AdSense CPC to be $0.01. Really it is. Some even claim it to be Adcent rather than AdSense. Here I am going to share some open secrets which may bring smile in your face looking at your AdSense CPC.
- First check whether you are in the trap of smart pricing. Get over it. A smart priced account badly reduces the average CPC.
- Are you considering Google hit map while positioning your banners or link units? Google hit map speaks researched results regarding the prominent places people tend to look.
- Do you keep changing the colour combination of the ad blocks to find the best one?
- Are you targeting the right keyword?
This is very important as long as increasing AdSense CPC is concerned. If you target or write on a keyword where advertisers do not bid much i,e, CPC is already less, how do you expect of attracting high paying adverts. So you need to conduct a proper keyword research before you write on something.
AdWords free keyword tool is one of the best keyword tool to conduct your zero budget keyword research. You can go for premium keyword research tools also, if your pocket permits. Find keywords which is not too competitive but having higher average AdSense CPC. This is where you can find keywords in your niche to utilize AdSense properly.
- Are you writing for internet savvy people? people tend to avoid Google ads. Those who already know about AdSense are more likely to not to click the ads. Try writing for a particular section of people who do not know about AdSense and the whole make money online (MMO) thing.
- “Less is More” – You can test it. Use less ad banners. Instead of using 3 banners use 1 or 2 banners in highly prominent place. AdWord (Advertising Network of Google) bidders bid higher for better placement of their ads. Mind you.
- Test different template for your site or blog to optimize the positioning of ads. Placement of AdSense ads & different color combinations are the ways to go in order to optimize the same.
- Use Google’s section targeting to attract relevant ads but with caution. Because if you misuse it, all ads will turn out to be Public Service ads (PSA)s.
- Inject (latent Semantic Indexing) LSI keywords in conjunction with the primary keywords to make AdSense bot understand the theme of your page and provide relevant ads. This is very important as far as CTR is concerned. And Good CTR means Good money.
Hope it helps. Visit OnlineMoneyKey: Earn Money Online in India to know more.
I am a Commerce, Computer and Law graduate. I am running my own IT Company since 1993. I like to Read, explore Hindu Sanskruti, Travelling and Riding/Driving.