The Growth of SMO
SEO or search engine optimization is a process that helps your content to appear on search engines like Google, Bind, Yahoo and many more. SEO is a process, which can make your websites appear in the search engine results that gets more traffic to your website. SEO is mainly based on keywords. The way you scatter the keywords throughout your content leads to higher chances for your website to appear on various search engine results, if searched with specific keywords. It is said that better the SEO of your website is, better, it creates impact on search engines. Be it any content from article to image, video or podcast, it can appear on the top search results with good SEO done at the background.
A few days earlier, companies thought that SEO is the only way to make their websites appear on the top search results. But these day, with the advent of social media, every business house’s prime focus has shifted to the social networking sites. As a result, SEO is replaced by SMO, Social Media Optimization. Be it any social media platform like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or LinkedIn, there is specific SMO for every site. SMO is basically a method, in which your website content is shared on different social media networks and as a result, your site receives more hits.
Advantages of social media optimization: With more and more people joining different social networking sites, it can be said that social media is the home to the largest web user community. Facebook alone has more than 600 million active users, followed by Twitter with 200 million users. Given below are the advantages of SMO for different businesses:
- SMO helps your website with more and more traffic.
- With the help of SMO, you can create word of mouth for your services and products.
- Your business website can get additional attention, accessibility, and visibility.
- SMO increases inbound link rates.
- It can help your website rank higher on the search engine results.
- It works to create brand awareness, which can directly affect your sales rate.
Tips for good SMO for your website: Here are some tips for you so that you can use them for your SMO plans.
- You must be regular on different social networking sites. Through your social media profiles, you can directly connect with your existing and potential consumers.
- You must put marking and tagging on your website pages.
- Ask your web designer to make easy methods of linking.
- You should post regular updates from different social media platforms.
- As comments are posted on social media, you should communicate with the users to engage them.
- Do not forget to blog regularly in order to promote your site.
For more information on SMO or social media optimization tricks, visit http://www.evontech.com/search-and-content-indexing.html.
I am a Commerce, Computer and Law graduate. I am running my own IT Company since 1993. I like to Read, explore Hindu Sanskruti, Travelling and Riding/Driving.